So here’s another idea we’re pinching from t’interweb; blind dates with books. Love it.
If you’re coming along to our next soup (10 November, Southend), here’s what to do:
- Take one pre-loved book. One of your own that you can bear to part with, or one chosen from a charity shop.
- Wrap in plain (or fancy, if you prefer) paper.
- Write a few clues on the cover – eg genre and one or two key plot points (enough to intrigue, but don’t give too much away!)
- Bring book to Soup and place on Book Blind Date table.
- Take a book from the Book Blind Date table.
- Unwrap, make appropriate sound of exclamation, take home and enjoy.
- At the next soup, you’ll have one more thing to chat about – what you thought of your Blind Date.
Simon Wallace, from Southend Libraries, has kindly offered to bring along some mystery ‘Quick Reads’ to add to the selection.