Here we go again! Ooh, but it’s exciting!
Tomorrow, Sat 18th, 3pm – 6pm, St Mark’s Centre, Princes Street, Southend.
1) Not much parking, so come by public transport, car share, bike or walk if you can!
2) Bring a bowl, and a cushion to sit on! We should have enough bowls for everyone, but bringing along your own is a good idea – just in case! Also, there are some chairs, but you might need to get comfortable on the floor – you might want to bring a cushion!
3) Chef Fiona is once again cooking up some magic. However, we never really know how many are coming and how much soup we’ll need. SO, if you have any spare veggies at home – onions, carrots, toms etc – fetch em along as we might be making a second soup at the premises. NOTE: only bring stuff you can take home and use – in case it’s not actually needed. We don’t like to waste anything. (Although we can usually find homes for extras!)
4) You could bring some bread if you wish, but again we often end up with lots, so only bring what you could use at home anyway.
5) As it’s Book Soup, we’re encouraging fancy dress from anyone that’s up for it, of any age! Come dressed as a favourite character! Essex Feminist Collective can finish off your outfit with some face painting!
7) We’re holding a Spoken Word performance space, so please bring any poetry, short stories, comedy or anything else you’d like to share.
8) Entries are still open for the Flash Fiction comp. Just 300 words. Have a go!
9) As usual, people are welcome to bring any crafts etc that they wish to sell.
Look forward to seeing you tomorrow!