We had a suggestion that the next soup connects with World Book Night – where people give away favourite stories for people to enjoy. Sounds fab to me. The April Soup Recipe could include liberal helpings of ingredients such as…
- Bring books to give away
- Authors bringing copies of books to sign and sell
- Southend Libraries: information about Reading Well books on prescription – including reading for Dementia and Quick Reads to get people back into reading
- Graphic novel artists
- Opportunity to share creative writing and get tips from other writers
- Flash fiction competition
- Spoken word performance space
- Book reading from headliner author (any thoughts?)
- Come dressed as your favourite literary character (not just for kids)
- Create art around your favourite stories
- Myths and legends from around the world
What do you reckon? Obviously, we’ll also be eating soup, and hearing ideas. We’re accepting proposals now.
Venue kindly funded by Milton Community Partnership; St Mark’s Church Hall, Princes Street, Southend-on-Sea.